The Agile Manifesto, also called the Manifesto for Agile Software Development. The agile development manifesto represents the absolute cutting edge of the software development industry. It was created by representatives from Scrum, Extreme Programming, Adaptive Software Development, DSDM, Feature-Driven Development, Crystal and Pragmatic Programming.
The Agile Manifesto is created as an alternative to traditional heavyweight, document-driven software development processes such as the Waterfall Model. Agile software development focuses on keeping code simple, testing often and delivering functional bits of the application as soon as they’re ready.
In Agile project management process works as a team plays an important role. It has been proven that learning in group is very effective & the human interaction helps to accomplish great things. Computers and Books are important but individual’s interaction by sharing experience via debating, discussing and feeding off of each other’s ideas is more important.
It has four key values and twelve Agile Principles to guide an iterative and people-centric approach to Agile Software Development.
The values of the Agile Manifesto are:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
Twelve Principles behind the Agile Manifesto helps to make clear what it is to be Agile Software Development:
- Agile first priority is to fulfill the customer need from beginning to end and continuous improvement to ad into valuable software.
- Agile allow change in requirements in the late in the development as well.
- Agile works on delivering software regularly interval i.e. from couple of weeks to couple of month based on project.
- Close, daily cooperation between business people and developers throughout the project.
- Key point is to trust, support and motivate individuals to get it projects build on time.
- Daily face-to-face conversation is key point in agile testing. This is most efficient & effective way of communication.
- Measuring progress by the amount of completed work.
- Continually seeking excellence
- Harnessing change for competitive advantage
- Self-organizing team come out with best architectures, requirements, and designs.
- Regular adaptation to changing circumstances with more effective way.
Next to You:
In this article we have seen that the What is Agile Manifesto, values & its 12 key principles. I would like all of you to please join this discussion and add more valuable points to it.
To get Agile software testing articles in your inbox click here to Subscribe with your email address or add you email address below: